Important Information for the Summer School
The summer school is just a week away, and so here is some more practical information about the school, venue, and getting there.
Bus pick-up / drop-off
On the 14th at DTU in Kgns. Lyngby, the bus will pick us up on Elektrovej, just outside building 324 (DTU Compute). The bus will leave at 7:30, please be there on time.
Same day at Copenhagen train station, the bus will stop at Banegårdspladsen, which is the north-west side of the train station. The bus will leave the train station at 8. See picture below for location.
On the way back on the 18th, the drop off points will be the same.
Updated program for the summer school
Apart from the lectures, please note the poster session Tuesday evening. Here you will get the chance to meet each other and for the students to present there posters. Remember, the best poster wins a great prize at a value of 500 €.
This year we will be visiting High Park for an entire afternoon in the heights, followed by dinner at their roofed terrace. This is very much an outdoor activity and there is a possibility of rain, so please bring appropriate clothes for the occasion.
Remember to bring
Please bring your laptops for the exercises. Several exercises need laptops with a working version of Matlab and others python notebook (Jupiter). If possible, please make sure you have installed this before arriving at the summer school.
Further, if you need to present a poster, remember to bring it with you. We have no means of printing the poster at the location.
Finally, Denmark is not known for predictable weather, so pack for both rainy and sunny days. Furthermore, Sandbjerg is a great venue surrounded by a lake to swim in and a sauna to get warm again afterwards. They are also surrounded by a beautiful forrest and countryside. So remember to bring some swimming gear and walking/running shoes.
We look very much forward to see you next week!
All the best from the organisers!
Welcome to the 2018 summer school on Optimization in Image Analysis 14-18th August
This will be the tenth in a series of summer school programs organized jointly by the Image Analysis and Computer Graphics section at DTU Compute and the Image Group at the Department of Computer Science in Univeristy of Copenhagen. This year the summer school will be held at Sandbjerg in southern Jutland.
The concept is to invite 2-4 internationally renowned experts to teach a week-long course together with local teachers from KU and DTU. The participants are a good mix of students from KU, DTU and international participants. The summer schools are held in remote locations to encourage interaction between students and teachers. In addition to bringing international expertise in to the groups, the summer schools also provide an important networking opportunity for the students. The cost of the summer school is 4900 DKK and covers travels to and from Copenhagen, food and accommodation.
The date for the summer school has been finalized, other deadlines will appear soon.
- Registration deadline June 21th
- Payment deadline June 21th
- Submission of posters August 1st
- Summer school August 14th-18th
Note that this year we start on a Tuesday and come back on a Saturday.
The summer school will consist of 5 days of lectures and exercises. The students will be expected to read a predefined set of scientific articles on optimization for image analysis and computer vision prior to the course. Additionally, the students should bring a poster presenting their research field (preferably with an angle towards optimization). The course will consist mainly of the fundamental elements of optimization in image analysis and computer vision.
After participating the summer school, the student should
- Understand optimization in image analysis.
- Be able to differentiate between the different types of methods.
- Have a strong knowledge about the theoretical foundations of optimization.
- Be able to implement basic optimization methods.
- Have a knowledge about different applications for optimization methods.
- Be able to apply optimization methods for his/her own research projects.
- Demonstrate and present the application of optimization methods for a solution of a specific problem.
- Be able to relate optimization in image analysis and computer vision to their own research project.
Sponsors will have their logos appearing here!
Previous Summer Schools
- 2017 Graphical Models, Tjäro, Sweden
- 2016 Semisupervised Learning, Slagelse
- 2015 Convex and Discrete Optimization, Als
- 2014 Deep Learning for Image Analysis, Langeland
- 2013 Tensors and Tensor Fields in Imaging, Marstal, Ærø
- 2012 Registration in Image Analysis and Computer Graphics, Falsterbo, Sweeden
- 2011 Graphs in Computer Graphics, Image and Signal Analysis, Bornholm
- 2010 Sparsity in Image and Signal Analysis, Iceland
- 2009 Manifold Learning in Image and Signal Analysis, Hven