Welcome to the 2018 summer school on Optimization in Image Analysis 14-18th August
This will be the tenth in a series of summer school programs organized jointly by the Image Analysis and Computer Graphics section at DTU Compute and the Image Group at the Department of Computer Science in Univeristy of Copenhagen. This year the summer school will be held at Sandbjerg in southern Jutland.
The concept is to invite 2-4 internationally renowned experts to teach a week-long course together with local teachers from KU and DTU. The participants are a good mix of students from KU, DTU and international participants. The summer schools are held in remote locations to encourage interaction between students and teachers. In addition to bringing international expertise in to the groups, the summer schools also provide an important networking opportunity for the students.
The date for the summer school has been finalized, other deadlines will appear soon.
- Registration deadline June 10th
- Payment deadline June 10th
- Submission of posters August 1st
- Summer school August 14th-18th
Note that this year we start on a Tuesday and come back on a Saturday.
The summer school will consist of 5 days of lectures and exercises. The students will be expected to read a predefined set of scientific articles on optimization for image analysis and computer vision prior to the course. Additionally, the students should bring a poster presenting their research field (preferably with an angle towards optimization). The course will consist mainly of the fundamental elements of optimization in image analysis and computer vision.
After participating the summer school, the student should
- Understand optimization in image analysis.
- Be able to differentiate between the different types of methods.
- Have a strong knowledge about the theoretical foundations of optimization.
- Be able to implement basic optimization methods.
- Have a knowledge about different applications for optimization methods.
- Be able to apply optimization methods for his/her own research projects.
- Demonstrate and present the application of optimization methods for a solution of a specific problem.
- Be able to relate optimization in image analysis and computer vision to their own research project.
Sponsors will have their logos appearing here!
Previous Summer Schools
- 2017 Graphical Models, Tjäro, Sweden
- 2016 Semisupervised Learning, Slagelse
- 2015 Convex and Discrete Optimization, Als
- 2014 Deep Learning for Image Analysis, Langeland
- 2013 Tensors and Tensor Fields in Imaging, Marstal, Ærø
- 2012 Registration in Image Analysis and Computer Graphics, Falsterbo, Sweeden
- 2011 Graphs in Computer Graphics, Image and Signal Analysis, Bornholm
- 2010 Sparsity in Image and Signal Analysis, Iceland
- 2009 Manifold Learning in Image and Signal Analysis, Hven